Friday, April 06, 2007

Well, yesterday was fun. A buttload of snow, when we really could have done without it. As you can tell, I'm not a fan of snow. Yes, I know, I live in the wrong part of the country, I got that.
Anyway, I had to remind Ryan that he needed to go out and work on snowblowing the driveway before he left for work, or his dad would tweak. He already knew that, but I figured I should remind him, and maybe spare him an ass chewing. He goes outside and fires up the snowblower and works on the driveway. Part of the way thru, I hear him out there swearing like a sailor, and dropping the f-bomb every other word. I'm not saying that that word hasn't crossed my lips, many times in fact. But it really wasn't necessary for the entire neighborhood to witness his potty mouth. I wanted to find a hole to crawl in and hide my embarrasement. Finally, he has decided that he has done enough and dad can finish. Whatever. Rodney comes home from work early since business is slow due to the storm, fires up the snowblower and finishes the job. Not only did he tidy up some of the snow Ryan missed, but shoveled the parts of the deck no one walks on and takes the shovel to the snowbanks beside the driveway. He spent at least 3 hours out there doing a bunch of stuff most people (me included) think is unnecessary. He is very much a perfectionist, so it goes with the territory. I have not managed to convince him in 24 years of marriage, that sometimes good enough is good enough. Oh well, I guess over ambitious is much better than ambitionless ( is that a word??)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

I hope ambitionless is a word becuase I use it. Rodney is a perfectionist... butyou're lucky he is so he can keep things nice and neat!

Talk to you soon.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home