Monday, December 11, 2006

Another week closer to the chaos otherwise known as Christmas! With me not working, it has very easy for me to get shopping done, and now I have to work on all the goodies that the family has come to enjoy and expect for the holidays. Armed with my gift list, it was off to Auburn to do some shopping for my men. Chris and Ryan are certainly not as much fun to shop for as they were when they were small. Of course the price tags get bigger as the kids do, but thats fine. They are both great boys and I love to indulge them with things they wouldn't buy for themselves. I did pretty well on Wednesday, it's always easier to shop by myself, that way I can wander and backtrack if need be, and I'm not driving anyone crazy with wonder about my methods or madness. Rodney is a tool guy and it is fun to find cool tools that he doesn't have and I am anxious to surprise him with his gifts as well.
Saturday was another trip to Auburn for more shopping, this time with Rodney in tow. I offered to drive since he is frequently overtaken with road rage this time of year especially with all the traffic, and I thought it would be safer for me and all the other drivers. He drove, and did pretty well keeping his rage in check and didn't scare me like usual behind the wheel. That evening we met up with Gary, Sheri and Hannah, as well as Nancy and her new squeeze, George. We went to the Longhorn Steakhouse for the first time and had a great time at dinner, as we always do with such terrific friends. George is just getting to know us all, so he is fitting right in with us, and has a good sense of humor. Extremely important with our group, because we are all jokesters! The restaurant was nice, but I think I prefer Mac's Grill myself.
This Sunday is our annual get together with our campground group of friends. We all invade Randy and Anita's since they live in Lewiston and are pretty central to all of us. Lots of great food and a yankee swap are on the agenda. Should be a good time and I am looking forward to it.
I'd better get back in the kitchen and do some more baking before I lose the ambition and sit my ass down in front of the tv.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home