Monday, December 18, 2006

Yesterday was fun day! It was our annual get-together with our friends from the campground. As usual, we all met at Randy and Anita's house since they are pretty centrally located for all of us. There were 8 of us in attendance, Rodney and I, Randy and Anita, Nancy and George and Gary and Sheri. We all brought goodies to share and had a yankee swap. While we were noshing on appetizers, we had cocktails and told stories, you know the kind of thing. Nancy and George shared the news with everyone that they would be seasonal at the campground, since George bought Randy V.'s camper and liked the site that it was on. It will be great to have Nancy around more often this summer, we all missed her last year. George will fit right in with the rest of us, thankfully he has a good sense of humor (all important!). Our yankee swap was fun, and everyone managed to bring something different, and I was lucky enough to pick the number one, so that meant going first, and at the end, getting to have the pick of all the gifts at the end. I chose a box with two huge insulated mugs full of airline size bottles of booze (ALL GOOD!!!)
George thought he would be clever and swap his crystal dish for my booze, needless to say, he didn't have posession of that gift for long, the hooch was coming home with me!! We never fail to have a good time together, whether we are doing something, or just hanging around talking. You just don't get lucky enough to find such great friends and we are always thankful we have them all.
I still have not put up my tree and haven't wrapped a single gift. If I can get rid of Ryan this week one day, I will have the time to wrap. I still have things to make in the kitchen, and the cold weather is supposed to return tomorrow. Good day to stay in and bake.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

I had the best time!! It really was wonderful to get together and see everyone. Yeah for Nancy and George - this is going to be a fun summer!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home