Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Now that Christmas and New Year's is finally over, things can get back to normal. Normal for me is about as boring as things can get, but such is my life at the moment. We had our usual family get-together with Rodney's family at Roland's house on Christmas Eve day. Most of the day is spent stuffing our faces and sharing stories and just enjoying being together. Rodney and I shared our news that we have found a house and made an offer, and that our offer has been accepted. Christmas day was spent here at home, except for a visit to my mom's to see her and my grandmother. Since Grammie can't climb stairs anymore, it was easier for us to go to them. Mom bought me a Kitchen Aid mixer that I have been coveting for more years than I want to admit. Men just cannot appreciate just how awesome a mixer it is, I told them that it is the cadillac of mixers, but it just sails over their heads.
Our newest kitty, Miss Scarlett is adjusting to life at our house, and having to share all of us with two other kitties. They are all very jealous of time and attention spent with someone else, but we have plenty of attention for all. Miss Scarlett loves to sleep in bed with me and wake me up in the morning nibbling on my hair, fingers, and face, you name it. With the hairspray and mousse that goes into my hair every day, ewwww! Can't imagine wanting to chew on that!
A plan to get all of our group of campers together this Saturday in the works, courtesy of Randy, and the weather is supposed to cooperate and now I am anxious for the weekend. Next weekend is our birthday party for Randy. This year it will be held at George's house. Makes no difference to us where we meet, it's always a good time for all. Hopefully Chris and Nancy can make the trip this weekend, we haven't seen them since October.
Last weekend was spent doing some fixing up around the house in preparation of renting/selling this house once we move into our new one. Things that should have been done LONG ago, but we kept putting off, things like touch up painting and getting rid of the gross carpet in the hall. Things are going well and we will be done with everything soon. It's amazing what a coat of paint will improve or cover up. A trip to Home Depot or Lowes, or maybe even Mardens will get a new runner for the hall and the steps. It also means lunch or dinner out, and I never turn that down!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home