Thursday, April 05, 2007

Are you kidding me?!!? Why the hell is Sanjaya STILL on American Idol? It can't be because he is talented or even attactive...pleeeeez. Showing us an audience full of screaming, crying teenage girls, now that's good television. Question is, for who? Certainly not for me. Does he fit the bill in as much as what I think should be a role model, no way. I have to continue to tell myself that the only reason he is still there, is that adults have no access to telephones from 10pm to 12pm, and that the only people voting are blind and deaf teenage girls. It was always my impression that this show was about having talent, and having it be discovered by the public and rewarded the ability to share their talent with the world. Last year I was sadly disappointed in Chris Daughtry being voted off waaaaay before he deserved to be, as well as Mandisa. I think her downfall was her appearance. I found she was a talented and beautiful woman. Yes, a woman, not a stick figure that we are continuing to have shoved down our throats, and told that is what all us women should aspire to look like. When the average size of women in America is a size 14, when is a normal looking woman going to be accepted as normal and beautiful?
I used to enjoy the show on a weekly basis, but now it is just to see the pathetic performances by people who have been mislead and told they have talent. The only talented people this year in my opinion are LaKisha and my personal fave, Melinda Doolittle. I only hope that the american public will somehow come to their senses and give the title to the woman that deserves it. Go Melinda!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

can you believe I've never watched that show? Gary and I are such American Idol losers. lol

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home