Tuesday, April 03, 2007

We woke up this morning to several inches of snow! Mother Nature refuses to let spring come to stay. Sunday was a beautiful day and yesterday was one of those dreary, rainy, snowy days that makes you want to snuggle down with a great book and sip something warm.
The kitties are very much unhappy with this turn in the weather, hating to get their paws wet. Tigger paced and meowed so mournfully, you could tell that he wanted to be outside and not cooped up in the house. He must've made up his mind to tough it out today, since I haven't seen him since 6 this morning. He will no doubt come in soaking wet and want to cuddle.
I was the recipient of about 70 books several weeks ago, and I am dilligently working my way thru them. I would rather get engrossed in a good book than watch tv. I was always an avid reader and love nothing better than browsing the bookstores and libraries. I have read so many books, that many times I had forgotten I had already read something until several pages into the book. My mother and grandmother usually gift me with a giftcard to Waldenbooks for my birthday or Christmas. The trouble is narrowing it down to the must haves. It's always a tough decision for me. One fear of mine is not living long enough to read all the books I would love to read. Maybe I should pick up the pace....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home