Sunday, August 19, 2007

Turkey day went off without a hitch. The turkey was perfectly cooked and we all enjoyed a table full of great food and lots of laughs. Gary was around for the day yesterday and did a awesome job on the fresh french fries. Slushy adult drinks were flowing out of the machine and it was an all around great day.
I did go over to visit Sheri yesterday morning after rustling myself out of bed and she had quite a story to tell me to get my day started off with a laugh. It seems that Hannah had left a rather large poopie in the toilet in their camper. Although Hannah got the blame, I was rather skeptical, but rolled with the story anyway. Sheri proceeded to tell me that it was so large that it wouldn't fit down the opening in the toilet. It being a chemical toilet, there is only a stream of water to wash things down, not like the ones we are used to at home. Anyway, she said that she had come up with the idea of sprinkling it with some of the chemicals that are used in the tank to break down all the stuff that you don't want to think about again. I was given the update that the chemicals were doing their job and "melting" the uncooperative object. However, it wasn't working as well as hoped, and Sheri had to resort to grabbing a marshmallow toasting stick from their deck, and beating the obstinate poopie to a pulp. I know this because I was a witness from the dining table, and not an up close and personal view. I was asked if I wanted to view it for my very own self, but gracefully declined. Living with three males for the last 24 years, I have seen , smelled and dealt with all the crap I care to, without checking out someone elses stuff. I do have to admit that I was laughing quite hard and got my day off to an interesting start.
That is part of why I love camp so much, never a dull moment from any of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home