Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Here it is, another week of summer is slowly fading away. Rodney is on vacation this week and things have been fairly quiet as usual. Ryan is due to start school at the end of the month, and we are still working on financing his schooling. He was lucky enough to get a grant, but housing associated with the school is outrageously priced, and he will be staying in Portland Hall on Congress Street. Now we get to do the shopping thing to get him set up with all the things he needs. I think I would rather have a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Honestly, he is a difficult person to satisfy, and shopping is not fun at all with him. Doses of medicinal alcohol may indeed be needed before as well as after to make it through the event.
I have to admit that I have mixed feelings about him going off to school. On one hand, I am used to having him around for company and help if I need it, but on the other hand, I am looking forward to having the house to ourselves after having children with us for the last 24 years. The ability to run around in my birthday suit if it strikes my fancy (not very likely, due to shape of said suit), but just the thought is freeing. I am glad that he is finally starting on getting a career that he will be able to support himself in a couple of years.
Off to camp hopefully sometime tomorrow. We are cooking a garbage can turkey this weekend again, and firing up the slushpuppy machine. Party on!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

gosh - you've hardly been around this week! Busy, busy on vacation. I'm glad to see a new post from you and that things are going well. It will take some adjusting to get used to not having Ryan around but I'm sure you and Rodney will have a blast!

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home