Monday, July 16, 2007

What was I thinking?!? As usual, I am slow in getting on the bandwagon of new fads. Sheri, Chris and Shelby have been doing Sudoku puzzles at camp for months. I had been wondering what the attraction is and now I know. I made a comment/a mistake, in mentioning to Sheri that I would like to learn how to do those puzzles. I have been a fan of crosswords ( the very, very simple ones), fill-it-ins and word searches for years. Anyway, word got back to Sheri's mom that I was interested, and this weekend I was the recipient of a sudoku book and a brand new pencil. Not wanting to look like a total idiot, I decided to try my hand at the book when was alone. It has been slow going, but thankfully there are lots of what the puzzle creator called light and easy. To say that I don't share that labelling, is putting it lightly. My poor brain has been on overload for days now, and I finally see the attraction. I can't seem to put the book down. I get to a point where I can't figure out what friggin' number goes where (the instructions warn of NOT guessing) lest you have to start the entire puzzle over, and trigger a complete and total internal meltdown. I am not sure whether I want to thank Sheri's mom. Of course I am thankful that she thinks enough of me to send me a gift, but what said gift is going to do to my mental health remains to be seen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

LOL!!!! I knew you'd get hooked!!

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home