Thursday, June 07, 2007

This has been one of the funkiest springs that I can ever remember. We get a week of killer great weather, and the suffer through a week's worth of torrential rain and cloudy days. My mood meter can't make up it's mind. The mosquitos are ridiculous and at camp we have named the arm waving, high-stepping moves that you make while attempting to do ANYTHING outside, including a not-so-leisurely stroll around the circle, as the "mosquito boogy". I haven't figured out if the black flies are worse or not, but thank goodness for screens!
Our old house was sitting on a small spot of land, approximately the size of a postage stamp. This house is sitting on half an acre. While not a huge plot of land, it is considerably alot more work than our old one. We have had to buy all kinds of yardworking equipment and the fun of learning how to use some of them. I got the pleasure of taking our riding lawnmower out for a spin last night. After a crash course on where all the levers and clutch/brake is, I was off and running. Rodney spent some time watching what I was doing to make sure that I didn't crash into one of several trees in the front yard, or mow over roots, etc... I was told not to put into a faster gear than 3 (there are 6) and I putted around, and all that was missing was a cup holder and a cold beverage. I guess I was doing okay, since the man went up on the roof to take down some cables that were hanging, or else he needed to look down on me from above. I have to say, that I did not run over anything I wasn't supposed to, and I did not get knocked off while I drove under our apple trees. I have to be careful, or else that may turn out to my job now. I wonder what the chances of getting ahold of the chainsaw......
Rodney and Gary are fishing in a tournament this weekend, and the plan is to slay those fish and bring home the big bucks. Even if they don't bring home the big bucks, Rodney will have spent the day fishing with a good friend and have plenty of stories to tell about the one that got away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home