Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Well, here it is July, and summer is flying by. I know this because we are almost half way thru our schedule of events at the campground. It was a good week last week since Rodney took off of work Thursday and Friday and we had a nice long stay at the camper. Sheri and Gary were there, as well as Anita, Nancy D and George. Nancy S and Chris as well as Randy were there later in the week. Rodney spent a good part of the week fishing and I did what I do best, relaxing and partaking of adult beverages.
Sunday was a get together with some of our friends. Jana and Laurie made a deep fried turkey, we did our usual garbage can turkey, with Gary and Sheri making bloomin' onions, fresh french fries and deep fried mushrooms. We also had lots of yummy salads and appetizers. It was a feast to say the least.
Last night, Rodney was downstairs in Manland working on some things and came upstairs looking for Tigger. He was fast asleep on the hassock in front of the chair I was sitting in, and when I questioned what he wanted the cat for, he said it sounded like one of them was running around overhead in the back bedroom. Both kitties were accounted for and sleeping, which leads us to the determination that we have a rodent making his home inbetween the floor and the ceiling downstairs. Rodney rousted Tigger with difficulty and a loud MEW and carried him downstairs, trying to temp him into earning his keep and hunting down and killing whatever is running around in there. Tigger had other ideas and promptly came back upstairs and flopped back down where he had been sleeping, with no intentions of working. I think he just missed me too much to be too far away from me, since he was glued to my side the entire night and took his usual spot by my head last night and slept with me on my pillow. At least he doesn't snore.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

omg - I hope your cat catches whatever is up there! I think I'd freak out.

It was a great feast wasn't it? YUMMY!!!!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home