Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I don't think I realized just how much I appreciate my home. After our four day trip to Virginia, by Saturday, I was really missing my house. Spending time away really makes me love it all the more. Rodney and I had a safe trip both down and back, and for that I am thankful. Our trip took us across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. It was Rodney's first time crossing it, and I offered to drive so he could spend the 15 miles across just sight-seeing. I really am not fond of bridges of any kind, the higher up they are, the more I dislike them, but strangly enough, going thru the tunnel part of the bridge, didn't bother me at all. Weird, huh?
Friday and Saturday we spent helping my aunt and uncle clean out my grandmother's apartment. I was stunned at just how much stuff she had managed to store in that tiny two bedroom apartment. Before she passed away, she had wanted me to take some of her much loved belongings, and I was able to bring home her china and sterling silver. I will cherish them and use them with love, and hopefully one day I will be able to pass them on to the boys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home