Sunday, November 11, 2007

What a cool week I had this last week. It's the only way to describe it. It started off with an unexpected phone call Sat. night from one of my cousins that live in Va. Beach. He wanted to know if I was back to work yet, because he wanted to make a quick trip up to see me. I said come on up, I'm free. I picked him up at the airport Monday around lunchtime and talked non-stop all the way back to Jay. He told me about the really awesome ride that he had bought, and I couldn't resist telling him about the Viper. I was planning on just throwing up the garage door so I could see the look on his face, but I couldn't stand to wait, and I had to spill the beans. Needless to say, he insisted on taking the car out for a ride. To say it was nippy, would be kind. It was great fun to see the look on his face, and I was nice enough to let him drive it for a couple of miles. Tuesday was a trip to Rumford and a visit with my mom. He hadn't seen my mom for well over 25 years, and they had a chance to chat and mom sent some moose steak home with us for me to cook. Wednesday, Christopher came up to meet David, staying for a lunch of moose steak and potatoes. Dave had a flight out of Portland on Wed. evening, so it was back to Portland. I was so happy to have him come up for even a short visit. We were always close when we were kids and lost touch when I moved north. I'm hoping that we can keep in touch in the future. We found out that we have alot in common, and shared lots of stories about our grandparents and things that happened to ourselves that the other had no idea about.

Last night, Rodney and I got together with Randy, Anita, Sheri and Gary at the Longhorn Steakhouse to celebrate my birthday. I had a great time, and I am always happy to see my friends. I did get rather embarrassed when the wait staff came over to the table singing and bringing me a dish of ice cream to celebrate. I am very lucky to have such good friends that care so much for me, and made my birthday special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home