Friday, November 23, 2007

I just had to write about this before I forgot, and it is too funny not to share.
My father-in-law came down for Thanksgiving dinner as is our usual custom. When he arrived and was in the kitchen taking off his coat and shoes, he seemed to be looking around the kitchen rather intently. Asking if we had painted or anything else. While I though it was a little odd, I figured he hadn't been to the house in awhile and had just forgotten, or he knew that we had been making alot of changes, and he wanted to keep up with the action.
Anyway, we all got settled and had our feast and watched the requisite football games and chatted. It was time for him to head home and he had a secret that he just could not keep to himself. He was fairly bursting at the seems with having to spill. He is a very smart, humorous man of 81, and he has always been known to love a good joke or a prank and enjoys being involved in both.
He starts out by saying that he has a secret and that he isn't supposed to tell, but he is in a quandry and needs help. It seems that Rodney's older sister Linda gave him a "job" to do, in that he was supposed to perform a spy mission and get back to her and tell her what my kitchen "motif" is. Well, he hasn't got a clue what a "motif" is, never mind pronounce it right. I had to start out trying to explain to him what that word meant and then we started disecting the different components of my kitchen. He wanted to focus on the border and I was having a tough time trying to give him something he could relate to her on the phone without it sounding like it came from me. After thinking for a minute I said to him, "look, the border has ribbon and berries and vines, so just think of a twig and berries". At the same time, I reached down and gave my imaginary male genitals a jingle. It honestly took him a minute or so to catch on and we all had an uproarious laughing session. Sometimes he is a littles slow on the uptake, and that is part of our family fun, is to see just how long it takes for him to "get it".
After that, he said that he thought that he could remember that, and swore us to complete secrecy. I am assuming that all is right in his world now that his mission is complete and he has the required information to pass along.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

lol!!! How funny!

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home