Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My vacation is flying by faster than me hauling ass down the highway in my Viper. I've been at camp since last Friday. It seems like we've spent so little time down here, when in actuality, we've been here every weekend, rain or shine. Did I mention rain?
Yesterday was a wonderfully quiet day, no dogs barking and no screeching kids. However, I was rather bored and decided to give the windows inside the camper a good cleaning.
We had one window in the back of the camper that had a crack in it from who knows when, and my trying to wash it gently had that mother going all the way across the window now.....WTF.
A chat with the campground owners will hopefully get it fixed without too much trouble on my part.
Last night, all that was on tv was the democratic national convention......ugh! Not usually an issue with the millions of other channels to watch, but when you are roughing it and only have 6 to choose from, it's a problem. I would rather have sharp sticks poked in both eyes than waste my time watching all those lying polititicans tell me what they want me to hear, just to get my vote.
I am so disgusted with the entire political process that I could scream. A recent newspaper article was talking about the possible reasons for so few people going out and voting. Their thoughts were that it was just too difficult to make it to the polling places. What a load of crap!
My thoughts are that there are plenty of other intelligent people who refuse to fall for the speal that the presidential hopefuls are spewing and just refuse to endorse any of them. Lately it seems all about choosing the lesser of the evils when it comes to presidents and soon after being sworn into office, all promises are off and they will begin to run their own agendas.
Who needs that shit? I wish the people with the power would remember us, the little people and all the issues that we are having here in this country. How about fixing our own backyard instead of bailing out other countries? Aw hell, I could go on and on.....I'm going to write in Fred Flintsone as a presidential nominee. Yep, he's a loud mouth, but he always used to tell you like it is, and I can respect that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home