Thursday, May 15, 2008

I have to confess...Rodney and I are going to our first concert in eons. I would like to call it a rock concert, and would have been when we were in our teens and twenty-somethings. I heard an ad on the classic rock station that we listen to frequently listen to. Trying to maintain my hipness as a mom. That and the fact that I really dislike country. Anyway, they advertised Foreigner and Bryan Adams playing together at the Augusta Civic Center. I threw the idea up in the air with the man last night and he actually agreed to go! Knock me over with a feather! If it doesn't involve fishing, drinking, motorcycle riding, drinking....ah, you see where I am going, he usually pulls his stick in the mud routine and agrees to go, but is only doing it to shut me the hell up. No fun to be had like that.
I am really looking forward to going, even with it being a work night. I miss my teenage days and always ready to do something. I see my sons Chris and Ryan doing that very thing, and I really miss those days. These days the only things that I am really "up" for involves a nice, warm campfire and a spin on the bike or in the car. I hate showing my age, but my body refuses to cooperate with my mind in thinking that I am still young in my mind. I plan to go down with a fight and remind my body that my mind is still in charge.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

How awesomely fun that is going to be! I hope you have a great time. I know I would have to wear earplugs.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home